Sunday 8 June 2008

Saturday 7th June 2008 - journey to the lake


All I can say is Lake Bosumtwe is awesome. As we drove up over the top of the mountain and I got my first view of the lake it was breath taking. God most certainly must have looked down and saw that it was good when He created it.

The view out over the lake.

My most hospitable hosts for my first night in Ghana were the Sims family along with Anna Egypto, who then drove me up to the lake. It was great to finally meet with Andrew who I have only been in contact with by email and of course Julianna his very pregnant wife. So there is a lot of excitement about the imminent birth of their little boy, who will be little brother to Lucas and Luiza.



Kirk, Aiden, Eli and Nicole Sims with Gifty


I also met my 2 house mates Rebecca and Holly, interns with the Jernigans from the Mission Society. When I was shown the house we would be living in I was pleasantly surprised as it was much more than I could have ever imagined. So we will be living very comfortably and at the minute Holly seems to be chief cook!! However, im sure I’ll have to take my turn…maybe some irish stew!!

Two other new faces were Michael who is the project manager of the Seymour Street funded expansion and James his friend and very busy painter. Both extremely welcoming and very keen to get us talking Twi, so hopefully I’ll be able to pick some of it up.

Now another early night to try and get myself used to Ghanaian time – setting out at 7.00am this morning after a days travelling and a short nights sleep means I’m currently very tired.

Blessings
Lou (or Abana)

No comments: