Sunday 28 June 2009

Church family...

I really enjoyed church tonight!!

As I was sitting waiting for the service to start I became aware of the low babble of noise which was the congregation...friends...family chatting, greeting each other, chatting over the week or the day.

That made me smile as I thought about friendships and relationships that grow within the church family.

The service itself was great with a passionate preacher who exudes faith and as he speaks and prays it would be difficult not to see the wonderful and close relationship and journey he has walked with God and that is what he wants to share.

I couldn't help but wonder how I would experience worship next Sunday in Sri Lanka, I've no doubt it will be different but at the heart of the experience I will be worshipping the same God with our extended family. I was however very touched by the well wishes of my Seymour Street family who I know will be praying for me during this summers adventure and it is greatly appreciated.

I'm really looking forward to finally getting there and travel on Wednesday which means I have a lot to do between now and then including packing...which is not my forte at all!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to following your next big adventure through your blog.

Happy packing and bon voyage!

THM said...

No doubt the packing is (almost) finished! - have a great time and keep the Blog up to date. We'll be remembering you

Glenn said...

Hope you had a safe journey and God bless