Monday 8 September 2008

Home sweet home!!!

The final leg of the journey is complete!! And im back in the land of the Irish after what felt like a long long journey from Lome.

The flight was pretty uneventful other than the fact a gentleman 2 rows in front was pretty ill most of the flight - so at one stage most of the cabin crew were crowded around him (and there were a lot of cabin crew!!) along with a doctor who was on the flight!! There was no chance of any sleep at all, so I was very jealous of the guy seating beside me who pretty much slept from sitting down in the seat until we landed!! I can never understand how people can do that!! So 2 films and many episodes of Friends later we landed in Paris at Charles De Gaulle.

Then the long wait began...my connecting flight to Belfast wasn't for another 12 hours!! Any other time I might have gone too check out the sights of paris but I was in no fit state to go any where. So i tried to find somewhere quiet to sit down for a while. I happened to pass the multi-faith prayer area so i decided to check it out. The christian area was empty so i went in and sat down thinking this was the perfect place to spend some time thinking not to many people would be around. I guess with it being a sunday morning I was wrong shortly after that i had fell asleep listening to my Ipod when a couple people started coming in...before i knew it I was in the middle of a service of mass and even ended up giving one of the readings!!! Certainly an interesting expereince when it was all in french!!

The rest of the day was spent moving from seat to seat trying not to embarrass my self by falling asleep in any strange positions!!

Eventually it was time to check in and make my way to the boarding gate - here I knew I was on my way home when i heard the Northern Irish accents all around me...finall i was no loinger in the minority!! :) I did get chatting to a couple who were coming home from holiday, so i told them a little of what I had been doing and to my amazement when i said I had been in Ghana living near Kumasi the gentleman said 'oh yes i know it', apparently his uncle had lived there many years before working in either the univerity or college!!

Our flilght was delayed a short time and by that stage i though i was going to go out of my mind if i had to sit in an airport any longer!! But i held it together and boarded the flight (which Julie Dillon got off...walking past us on the walkway - not even waving having not seen me for three months!!! ;o) ) bound for the homeland!! The last leg of my long journey and my big adventure is nearly over.

But there was one last hurdle to get over...bags!! Would they be there or not and well they weren't!!! I had them checked through from Lome to Belfast Internetional and well it turns out that Easyjet dont do baggage transfers!! I didn't know that and well the airport staff at Lome didnt know that either - Im not surprised really they hadn't even heard of Easyjet!! So i'm currently waiting to find out if my bags are making their way from Paris or not!!!

Then it was out in to the cold Belfast evening for the final pick up by mum and dad, there was only a slight panic as we drove off on the wrong side of the road and went round the roundabout the wrong way but I soon settled.

So my big adventure is over...or is it!! No, it's never over as every day is new and different, you never know where God is going to lead you, what challenge He will put in your path or who you are going to meet.

Life is a big adventure :)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

adventure - for sure! Bring it on!!!! :)
I'm proud of you! And I believe God is too - for hangin in there and shining brightly in a dark place - don't stop! :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Lou

Anonymous said...

golly i love you! your blogs are amazing! they made me cry! how sad are we about everything! gosh but God is in control and he knows way more than we do hallelujah! big hugs and kisses and a couple of dance moves! lol xoxo

Akua

Demara said...

wow! one adventure's over and back home already...what will happen next?

The Evangelist said...

Hi there!

I am thrilled to have found your blog since I am planning to arrive in Accra in the later part of November! I will live in Ghana for a year while I am starting a nonprofit. I am very excited!

I started a blog to serve as my online diary while I am there! http://thefisherofmen.blogspot.com


The Lord has so many things in store and I am bursting with anticipation! I hope to meet all of the brothers and sisters in Christ from the U.S. when I arrive!

Blessings,
"Paul"


(ah yes, a woman nicknamed Paul! Long story! *giggles*)