Sunday 24 August 2008

The Germans have gone!!

We said good bye to our German visitors on Monday morning;

it was fun having them about for a few days. We shared meals,

went to the football,

shared in one of the outreach nights,

cut Rebecca’s hair

and I learnt some German…well tried to remember some from years gone by!! It kind of scared me a little when I realized that it had been 15 years since I did any German in school! But Susie found my attempted description of Thunder and Lightening…Boom Boom Flash Flash…very amusing. I thought it was pretty accurate but apparently she thought I meant fireworks but it kept her laughing for a while. As did my pronunciation of many of the words I said but they were quite surprised at how well I could put together a sentence with the use of their little German ~ English dictionary!! :)

No comments: